Presbyterians who first settled in Orwell joined the Belfast congregation nearby. However, steady population growth brought about construction of the Orwell Presbyterian Church in 1861 where services were conducted in Gaelic and English. Hymns were sung unaccompanied with the congregation following the lead of the preacher until 1892 when a choir platform and an organ were added. In 1925 the Orwell congregation became part of the United Church of Canada. With a new church at Vernon, services at Orwell were discontinued. The church has recently been refurbished to the period of the 1890.